G: The Bahai writings say that Muhammad only fought defensively to stop
persecution. This would have saved lives.
J: So are you justifying War in some instances related to stopping religious persecution?  Doesn't this contradict what you said in the other email that all wars were committed by bad Muslims?  Baha'u'llah distanced war from religion to the extend that it is not even allowed as a means to stop persecution and save lives. Better to die than to smear Baha'i with another man's blood.  This to me is a mark of true sovereignty and true power.

Powerful too is the statement Baha'u'llah made about the persecution he suffered (Voice of God speaking to Baha'u'llah):
"Lament not because of the wicked. Thou wert created to bear and endure, O Patience of the worlds... Be patient, O Thou Exile of the worlds... We have made abasement the garment of glory, and affliction the adornment of Thy temple, O Pride of the worlds.  ...  to overlook is Thine, O Thou Concealer of the sins of the worlds." (Fire Tablet)

(Voice of Baha'u'llah to Christian monks)
"if ye transgress against Me, I will, in My long-suffering, endure it patiently, and I, verily, am the Ever-Forgiving, the All-Merciful." (Tablet to Christians)

Do you Yahoo!?
Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Get it on your mobile phone. __________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu