Gilberto,

At 12:51 PM 12/23/2004, you wrote:
>>But is this a morally significant difference? The Hutu and Tutsi were brought
>>up elsewhere. I mean, randomly cutting up the non-combatants on  "other side"
>>with machetes is going to be wrong whether the other side is a tribe or a
>>nation<<

I don't know if it is morally significant or not. I also don't know if changes
in certain laws have anything to do with the differences between tribes and
nations. Obviously, there are still many parts of the world (parts of African,
Afghanistan, Iraq, Sudan, etc.) where one's tribe is more significant than
one's nation.

If laws change from one Prophet to the next, it is because God has that
prerogative.

With regards, Mark A. Foster * 15 Sites: http://markfoster.net
"Sacred cows make the tastiest hamburger" -- Abbie Hoffman