On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 08:35:12 -0800 (PST), John Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mark, At any rate, thanks for the correct.  In fact, I don't disagree with
> what you are saying.  My statement did make some unjustified leaps and
> assumptions.  Let me restate what I really mean.

> Remember, we are not talking about this or that school  in Islam.  Aren't we
> talking about Gilberto's version / view of  Islam, as he presents it ?? !!
> Therefore, if we look at what Gilberto's described, = [ that the teaching of
> Christianity that differ from Islamic teaching are man's corruption of the
> Bible ] , then I would say that this is striking down Christianity as
> man-made.  The Baha'i Faith asserts that Christianity is from God.

The Quran clearly states that Jesus was the Christ, a true prophet,
who performed miracles, was given a revelation called the Gospel, and
left behind a community of followers. In a very real sense,
Christianity comes from God. That doesn't mean that the Christians
accurately preserved and and transmitted their beliefs faithfully.

(The Quran says)
[5.14] And with those who say, We are Christians, We made a covenant,
but they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of, therefore
We excited among them enmity and hatred to the day of resurrection;
and Allah will inform them of what they did.

That doesn't mean I believe everything in the Bible. That doesn't mean
I believe everything which is taught by Christians as their theology.

I don't think that Bahais believe everything in the Bible (for
example, which son did Abraham nearly sacrifice?) They certainly don't
believe everything which is taught by Christians as their theology?
(The physical resurrection from the dead, for example)

I think the difference between what Bahais seem to be saying about
Christianity and what I'm saying is largely a matter of degree,
emphasis and candor. (At least that's my perspective, you might
disagree)