On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 14:16:50 EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In a message dated 1/8/2005 1:13:34 PM Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> Gilberto:
> Ok. Then if all that was vouchsafed to Bahaullah was already mentioned
> to Muhammad, I just think it makes alot more sense for me to look to
> those great Muslim interpreters, scholars, and saints to unpack the
> meaning of the Quran and the sunnah. And nothing would be lost or
> missing by doing so.

Scott:
> Baha`u'llah says the knowledge of all the Manifestations was perfect. The
> Revelation to mankind was complete in each one's Self. However, each
> manifestation revealed only what God directed Him to reveal. Therefore
> Muhammed's knowledge was complete, and God's Message was complete in
> Himself. However, what He revealed was limited as God directed.

But the Quran says of itself:

We did not leave anything out of this Book, then all will be gathered
before their Lord [for judgement]. (6:38)

Here's a story I like which I had discussed a bit on
soc.religion.bahai. I think it would be interesting to mention it
here:

Hillel and Shammai were two great Jewish scholars of the past.

It is said that, in the great days of Hillel and Shammai (before the
time of Jesus) a man came to see Shammai and said, "Teach me the torah
while standing on one leg". Shammai promptly picked up a brick and hit
the man
on the side of the head and told him "That is impossible, go and learn".
The man then approached Hillel and asked the same of him, he promptly
stood on one leg and said .Treat your neighbour as you would treat
yourself (or in some versions, "What is hateful to you, do not do to
others'), that is the torah all the rest is just commentary.

I really like Hillel's answer. I would say that in a real way there is
a huge amount of content already contained in even just "La ilaha illa
Allah" (No god but God) "and the rest is commentary" so even just
sticking to the Quran is huge amount of fleshing out and unpacking.
Alot more unpacking with details and examples can be seen if you
include the volumes and volumes of hadith. I don't think anything is
left out. Really.