"Both gentlemen support the
process and understand its potential....and both are quite open to other
materials....
they have just seen the success that this "process" can have
and, therefore, encourage what is available and useful."

Dear James,

I have heard Dr. Arbab make remarks to this effect, however I think it was
Paul Lample who persuaded the NSA not to offer an alternative to Ruhi as
they had originally tried to do and even developed the materials for.

"This one has never seen on this list a condemnation of the Comprehensive
Deepening Materials (US in the 70s), which were produced by NSA member Dan
Jordan."

Yeah, I think the difference is that people didn't feel that the
Comprehensive Deepening Program was being imposed on them the same way Ruhi
is. It was simply made available and the friends could take it or leave it.

"Friends, while we are on the subject, Ruhi is about a PROCESS, not about
specific MATERIALS.  It is about developing human resources in a systematic
manner."

I think it would be more precise to say that Study Circles are about a
Process. Ruhi represents certain materials designed to further that process.

But I would agree with you that we should not suggest things that tarnish
the reputation of faithful servants of the Cause. There is no reason to
think anyone is promoting Ruhi for any other reason than they believe it
would serve the best interests of the Faith.

warmest, Susan