:o)

I must admit i was in a slightly provocative mood when
I made that statement.

The thing is, what I often see people call a fireside
I don't think is a fireside at all. It is an official
talk about what one person thinks the bahai faith is
saying about a certain topic.

But then, I am a person who likes study. I became a
Bahai by reading the writings and then asking
questions, not through going to firesides.

The personal connection with someone one wants to
introduce the Bahai faith to is the most important
asset we have. But I see that as well as in building
up such a bond with a person that I can overcome my
fear of rejection and invite them to a study circle,
deepening, devotional, and be able to talk freely
about  the bahai teachings and my bahai life with that
person.

To me, talking like this with a person is a
fireside...

much love,

janine van rooij
dublin, ireland