In a message dated 1/18/2005 11:28:41 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I think it would be more precise to say that Study Circles are about a
Process. Ruhi represents certain materials designed to further that process
I agree. Ruhi is a curriculum. I have done four books so far. Book I which is an okay approach to basic spiritually oriented material, is basically sound, but I do not think the material can be presented in the same way to seekers as it is to believers. To believers it is taught as material to be nearly memorized at least, not discussed with questions of "What does this mean?". With seekers, gosh, I think questions should be encouraged and dealt with as honestly and directly as possible, preferably with more than one answer from more than one person, and lots of discussion.

Book 2, I personally found to be lamentable - with text and editorial opinion intermixed so much that newcomers would find it hard to seperate one from the other..

Book 4, I found good, but basic. I kind of co-facilitated because I prepared material from Dawnbreakers or Taherzadeh to elaborate on the glosses.

Book 7 was okay, I think more facilitators should do it more than once with more than one facilitator to allow more flexible approaches.

There is nothing wrong with Ruhi that another set or two of prepared material would not cure. Right now it is the only cow to buy and it might or might not be a milk cow and you might or might not be in the market for a dairy cow in the first place.

Regards,

Scott