Gilberto addressing Mark:
It seems like you are reading it correctly. I just don't think I would
agree with it. The Quran actually invites people to examine itself for
contradictions. Dares people to try to come up with verses like it. In
other places the Quran also calls itself "the Criterion" but I don't
know of a place where it declares itself immune from criticism.

Firouz:

Baha'u'llah also challenges people to come up a verse like what Baha'u'llah has revealed and goes further and allows them to assist each other:

" O people, if ye deny these verses, by what proof hath ye believed in God? Produce it, O assemblage of false ones.

Nay, by the One in Whose hand is my soul, they are not, and never shall be able to do this, even should they combine to assist one another."

I think this is a big challenge Baha'u'llah is inviting people to produce a verse like what He is revealing.

Regards,
Firouz

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com To unsubscribe, send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] To subscribe, use subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu