On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 12:59:25 -0600, Susan Maneck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "If that's the case, why would God have let the message [of Buddhism] get
> distorted
> in this way?"
>
> Dear Gilberto,
>
> You believe the same thing has happened to Christianity and Judaism, don't
> you?

I was asking from a Bahai perspective. I am personally open to the
idea that Buddha may have been a prophet, But I wouldn't insist on it
the way that the Bahais do. So don't have any reason to believe that
the current Buddhist scriptures are distorted.

And personally, I wouldn't insist that the Bible is authentic either.

But in the Kitab I-Iqan is the section which has often been quoted to me:

How could God, when once the Day-star of the beauty of Jesus had
disappeared from the sight of His people, and ascended unto the fourth
heaven, cause His holy Book, His most great testimony amongst His
creatures, to disappear also? What would be left to that people to
cling to from the setting of the day-star of Jesus until the rise of
the sun of the Muhammadan Dispensation? What law could be their stay
and guide? How could such people be made the victims of the avenging
wrath of God, the omnipotent Avenger? How could they be afflicted with
the scourge of chastisement by the heavenly King? Above all, how could
the flow of the grace of the All-Bountiful be stayed? How could the
ocean of His tender mercies be stilled? We take refuge with God, from
that which His creatures have fancied about Him! Exalted is He above
their comprehension!

[end quote]

So if it would be nealy unthinkable that God would leave the followers
of Jesus without access through scriptures then what about the
followers of the Buddha?

"pharoah is just a leaf on a burning bush"