In the Suratu'l-Haykal, Baha'u'llah writes of the Hands:

"O Living Temple! Stretch forth Thy hand over all who are in heaven and on
earth, and seize within the grasp of Thy Will the reins of command. We have,
verily, placed in Thy right hand the empire of all things. Do as Thou willest,
and fear not the ignorant. Reach out to the Tablet that hath dawned above the
horizon of the pen of Thy Lord, and take hold of it with such strength that,
through Thee, the hands of all who inhabit the earth may be enabled to lay fast
hold upon it. This, in truth, is that which becometh Thee, if Thou be of those
who understand. Through the upraising of Thy hand to the heaven of My grace,
the hands of all created things shall be lifted up to their Lord, the Mighty,
the Powerful, the Gracious. Erelong shall We raise up, through the aid of Thy
hand, other hands endued with power, with strength and might, and shall
establish through them Our dominion over all that dwell in the realms of
revelation and creation. Thus will the servants of God recognize the truth that
there is none other God beside Me, the Help in Peril, the Self-Subsisting. With
these hands, moreover, We shall both bestow and withhold, though none can
understand this save those who see with the eye of the spirit. . . . Erelong
shall God draw forth, out of the bosom of power, the hands of ascendancy and
might, and shall raise up a people who will arise to win victory for this Youth
and who will purge mankind from the defilement of the outcast and the ungodly.
These hands will gird up their loins to champion the Faith of God, and will, in
My name the Self-Subsistent, the Mighty, subdue the peoples and kindreds of the
earth." (The Summons of the Lord of Hosts, pp. 18-19)

I am interested, not in how God withholds gifts, but in how you friends see
that the Hands of the Cause have "withheld".

Thanks very much
Brent