Dear Gilberto,

No assumption on my part... I assure you. My error is asuming that because he said "Our Sunni faith... etc." the belief would have some basis in the Quran. And, if I remember correctly you are Sunni ... obviously a reliable source of information.

If there is no basis for this "stipulation" in the Quran perhaps you could shed some light on how this "belief" could have become distorted - from what source?).

I would also welcome comments from anyone-else.

I didn't intentionally single you out Gilberto, I simply thought you were possibly the most knowledgible; having a Sunni perspective. Unfortunately, I'm probably in the (US) ignorant majority concerning the "branches" of Islam. Although I do think the citizen on the street is beginning to realize that not all Muslims follow the same teachings.

lovingly,  Sandra

The following is a quote taken from a news item... Musab
al-Zarqawi: "Our Sunni faith stipulates that the sword and
bullets be the only dialogue between us and the worshippers of
the cross."

Could someone, perhaps Gilberto, tell me the particular
Quranic text being referenced in this statement ?

Why would you assume that the Quran actually supports anything like that?

"pharaoh is just a leaf on a burning bush"

__________________________________________________ You are subscribed to Baha'i Studies as: mailto:archive@mail-archive.com Unsubscribe: send a blank email to mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: send subscribe bahai-st in the message body to [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subscribe: http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/all_forums/subscribe?name=bahai-st Baha'i Studies is available through the following: Mail - mailto:bahai-st@list.jccc.edu Web - http://list.jccc.edu:8080/read/?forum=bahai-st News - news://list.jccc.edu/bahai-st Public - http://www.escribe.com/religion/bahaist Old Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.net New Public - http://www.mail-archive.com/bahai-st@list.jccc.edu