On 7/31/05, Susan Maneck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "I've heard similar things but I don't think I've ever heard/read a
> good explanation of exactly was the scope and intent of "Let he who is
> without sin cast the first stone"."
>
> Dear Gilberto,
>
> Well one thing we do know is that it was a woman brought before Jesus (and
> not the man she presumably committed adultery with.) And that it was men who
> were about to do the stoning.

Sure, but you can't just ASSUME that he just got off scott-free. Maybe
he confessed. Maybe they caught him later. Maybe the crowd had
*already* caught him, killed him first, and then were going after the
woman. You just don't know.

 But whatever Jesus' intention, no Christian
> has ever enforced the Old Testament law on this matter, whereas they have
> enforced such Old Testament edicts such as "you shall not suffer a witch to
> live."

I would be surprised. Even today, there are some reconstructionist
Christians who want to establish a theocracy and want stoning
implemented as punishment.

--
"pharaoh is just a leaf on a burning bush"