Hello Sandra and Dr. Maneck,

Concerning Public Humiliation for Adulterers, as prescribed by the Aqdas:

from a previous dialogue:

GS: "I think I'd heard there was a geometrically increasing
fine for
adultery but I don't think I'd heard of the public humiliation
of
adulterers."

SM: I'm not sure what Ron is referring to here either.

SC:  Not *public* but, "...in the world to come..."

God hath imposed a fine on every adulterer and
adulteress, to be paid to the House of Justice: nine
mithqals of gold, to be doubled if they should repeat
the offence. Such is the penalty which He Who is the
Lord of Names hath assigned them in this world; *and in
the world to come He hath ordained for them a
humiliating torment.* Should anyone be afflicted by a
sin, it behoveth him to repent thereof and return unto
his Lord. He, verily, granteth forgiveness unto
whomsoever He willeth, and none may question that
which it pleaseth Him to ordain. He is, in truth, the
Ever-Forgiving, the Almighty, the All-Praised.  38

 (Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 37)"""

Ron Replies:

I did not just make this up, nor did I simply confuse humiliation in
the next world with humiliation in this world. I have read the Aqdas.
It is our Most Holy Book and contains our Laws, so I am not willing to
let someone else tell me what is in it. It is very short book and I
must know for myslef its contents. I quote here from page 200, Note
77:

"""In one of His tablets, Abdul Baha refers to some of the spiritual
and social implications of the violation of the laws of morality and,
concerning the penalty here described, He indicates that the aim here
is to make clear to all that such an action is shameful in the eyes of
God and that, in the event that the offence can be established and the
fine imposed, the principle purpose is the exposure of the
offenders--that they are shamed and disgraced in the eyes of society.
He affirms that such an exposure in itself is the greatest
punishment."""

Ron

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by the Johnson County Community College ("JCCC") and is intended to be
confidential and for the use of only the individual or entity named above. The
information may be protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts
or other legal rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail
in error please immediately notify JCCC by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.