On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 9:37 AM <felix.winkelm...@bevuta.com> wrote:

> > How about
> > "empty egg-info file, possibly due to an aborted egg-install - please
> remove the file and reinstall the corresponding egg"?
> >
> > Rationale: Matt's case.  check-errors.egg-info was empty, but the
> > installation of base64 was failing.  If Matt had removed
> > check-errors.egg-info and retried installing base64, the installation of
> > base64 would work, but check-errors would still be broken
> > (chicken-status and chicken-uninstall would ignore it, for example).
>
> Sure, whatever - feel free to change the message, if you think that makes
> it clearer.

My reporting on this was incorrect. Sorry for creating the churn. I believe
there is something going genuinely wrong with check-errors. One hypothesis
I have is that Windows is seeing the file name containing "errors" and
doing something stupid and annoying. I am not experienced with Windows and
have no clue what that thing might be but I'll keep digging.

> felix

Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can make something complicated.
It is hard to keep things simple. - Richard Branson.