Old subject didn't get any attention, so I'm posting with this one
which will surely get some.

While I was trying to build updated isos i found in misc/doc/download
a line "kernel-source exclude". What ? this can't be true. I search
trough rpms, rpms2 and rpms3 and it isn't there.
I check on fr2.rpmfind.net and its there. Hm strange, lets see what
else is missing.
I copy all the files from my rpms dirs to one directory and compare
contents of that dir to fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/Mandrake/9.2/i586/Mandrake/RPMS/
What the f*** ?
A LOOT of differences. It seems that I'm missing a lot of packages.
My first thought was that these missing packages were transferred to
contrib. Lets check.... no not there. Wait what's that.
I have gcc-cpp_f-0.0.1-1mdk.noarch.rpm but on remote ftp there isn't
one.
I start to look at the differences and I notice a couple of odd things
libsane-hpoj1-0.90-9mdk.i586.rpm that i have is newer that on mirror
(on mirror libsane-hpoj1-0.90-8mdk),
mandrake_doc-en-9.2-0.9mdk.noarch.rpm that I have is older than on the
mirror (mirror mandrake_doc-en-9.2-1mdk.noarch.rpm )
This has to me mirrors fault? I check with mandrakeclub mirror and
its the same thing.
What happened ???
I have been told recently not to bitch/complain but to be a little
more diplomatic when posting here.
So here it is, I'm not bitching but asking nicely.
I can understand that some packages like powermanga which isn't
important (although very nice game) couldn't be fitted on the first 3
cds but why wasn't it transferred to contrib.
And what's with the different versions ? I can understand that due to
the last minute changes a newer package can be included in the
download edition, but on mirrors a few packets are newer then in
download !?
So what should I do now ? I can download the missing packages from
mirror but what shall I do with the packages which have different
versions ?