Galileo wrote:
> BM> And it had nothing to do with the subject, but the fact that it was
> BM> still quite a conflict-generating post.
> You replied within 30 minutes. A rest my case :)

I will reply to this one only because you have some misconceptions about
this list. After this one, I will ignore you (probably via procmail
rules) just like everyone else is.

> It was 1:20 AM, I was pretty frustrated while trying to figure
> who the hell cares. I'm an unsatisfied customer,

This isn't a customer support list, it's the development list, your
questions about 9.2 belong somewhere else.

> BM> Because contrib isn't main, main isn't contrib. That has nothing to do
> BM> with the fact that main is over 200MB larger than the space
available on
> BM> 3 CDs.
> So should we make another Contrib. Or should we just let these 200mb
> of packages stay in total oblivion ?

No, they live about the same place contrib does. They are on the
Powerpack and ProSuite CDs.

Yes, add a urpmi medium for main to machines running from the 3 download
ISOs (just as you would for contrib).

> BM> Read the changelog to see if it's anything that affects you.
>     ? Do you even understand what I'm talking about.
>     If it doesn't affect me maybe it affects other people.
>
> BM> I don't see why I need to read your posts if you continue like
this, so
> BM> don't expect an answer if you stick to your current style (as it
doesn't
> BM> seem you are motivating anyone else to answer your posts either).
>
> Good. Then I will know that I'm left on my own and that I have to make
> my own modifications,

???

> build my own isos,

If you want.

> and my own updates.

I don't think you would be able to keep up with Vince.

> And at the end if it turns up that it is to much for me I will try
> some other distribution. i haven't installed anything else except
> mandrake in the last few years (since RH 6.2) but maybe its time to
> start now.

Or maybe it's time to change your expectations of this list. If you're
paying me consulting rates, I will be very polite, but you're not my
client just as you aren't a client of any of the other non-Mandrake
contributors on this list, and the Mandrakesoft people on this list are
developers, not support staff. If you aren't prepared to file a bug for
cooker, your issue does not belong on this list.

Regards,
Buchan

- --
Cellphone * Work            +27 82 472 2231 * +27 21 8828820x202