Le 09/02/2021 à 21:58, Sveinar Søpler a écrit :
I would say i agree with the plans of not focusing on wine-devel. I think
it would be a shame not to ship wine-6.0 as the stable version tho.

Well, it would be nice if it were that simple ;)

But to be able to ship WINE 6.0 with Debian Bullseye, it would have needed to
be included in Sid some time ago already. There simply is not enough time to
include WINE 6.0 and check it integrates well with Buster with no side-effect,
and still have it ready for release time.

But I’m quite sure there will be backports for Bullseye once WINE 6.0 reaches
Bookworm.

---

I’m no Debian dev, feel free to point out any mistake in what I write.