On 5/10/06, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I missed the discussion where the 1.3 dtd was added - seems like its
actually identical to the 1.1 dtd - which IMO serves no purpose. I
would rather it was removed.

I remember being involved -- it had to do with the version numbers not
matching.  It seems odd to use Struts Tiles 1.3 with a version 1.1
DTD.

Here's the commit message.  The registration was changed instead of a
new one being added.  I see no reason not to add it back.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=struts-dev&m=113098757610401&w=2

I don't have much time available at the moment, but I was hoping to
try and check out this version by the weekend. Whether I'll get round
to that I'm not sure, but it looks pretty academic since it'll have
probably been voted GA by then :-(

Especially with minotaur being down (so no one can download the test
build) I'm fine with holding the vote open longer.  In fact I was
going to ask if there was anyone who _does_ intend to test it but
needs more time.

I doubt this build is perfect.  Based on my testing, I think it's good
enough for GA.  However, the *last* thing I want to do is have to
recall a release, so I'd rather wait until everyone has had a chance
to test it.

Assuming the vote is successful, I think Don would like to announce it
at JavaOne.  I'm not sure what kind of access I'll have from there, so
if we let the vote go past the weekend, I might need help getting the
distribution moved over to www.apache.org/dist and the download page
updated.  I definitely need help with the release announcement.

And we still have to figure out how to get the jars from the "snapshot
and test build" Maven repo over to
www.apache.org/dist/maven-repository.  (It's not as simple as copying
them over, and I'm uncomfortable with the idea of re-building them,
which Maven would do if I changed the <repository> in the pom and
re-'mvn deploy'ed them.)

Niall, does Monday give you enough time?  Calling the vote immediately
was intended to encourage testing and evaluation, not to lock people
out of the process by rushing it through.

--
Wendy