On 5/10/06, Wendy Smoak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Niall, does Monday give you enough time?  Calling the vote immediately
was intended to encourage testing and evaluation, not to lock people
out of the process by rushing it through.

As mentioned elsewhere, a release is a process that is never "locked".
There is no sunset clause on a quality vote. The only danger is
announcing too soon. If more votes come in after the announcement, we
may need to requalify the release. Likewise, if issues are discovered
after the announcement, some of us might choose to change our votes.
We're not creating legislation, we're making a judgment-call based on
the best information available to us. If new information comes to
light, our judgments may change accordingly. It is *never* too late to
vote on a release.