I built the site both from the repo (git tag) and
apache-calcite-1.23.0-src.tar.gz, launched the site locally and spot
checked. From what I could tell, there wasn't an obvious difference (random
clicks were limited though).

My personal opinion is that the 1.23.0 rc1 can continue. If someone knows
the exact impact of this diff, we could add it to the release note, in the
category of "known issues".

-Rui