On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org> wrote:
> Noah,
> ASF has not gotten to where it is by generalizations and abstractions of
> nonexistent issues. Whenever anyone brings up a hypothetical, be it in
> Legal or Membership quorums, the response is that we deal with it when
> there are actual usecases.

I am one who also prefers actual usecases.  Sadly, they are all too
easy to be found.

> I am asking for examples, some type of record to consume to form myself an
> opinion of whether anything new is needed. If such pragmatism hurts your
> feelings, well... I might pity you for being too sensitive, but it is not
> an argument and you are not convincing me of anything.

I'd like to flip that around.

First, if you are not convinced, don't participate. All we ask is that
you don't actively prevent others from doing so.  Go Sharan and
others!

Second, our goal here is to build communities.  A vital part of that
goal is to make people feel welcome, or at the very least not push
them away.

Third, it is my observation that once someone injects "take offense"
into the conversation, they are looking at the problem in the wrong
way.  If you take offense, that is at least in part your problem.  If
we don't take steps to make you feel welcome, then that is our
failing.

- Sam Ruby