On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 11:56 PM, Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org>
wrote:

> Sam Ruby wrote on 11/15/16 3:41 PM:
> > On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
> wrote:
> > First, if you are not convinced, don't participate. All we ask is that
> > you don't actively prevent others from doing so.  Go Sharan and
> > others!
>
> +1.
>
> We have at least three ComDev PMC members who are interested in doing
> this work, so I'm glad to see it move forward.  General complaints don't
> help, and often harm.  Specific patches or changes with consensus behind
> them that help the work move forward would be appreciated.

(Sorry, I don't know how to submit a diff for Confluence)

Proposed change (somewhat overlapping with content in CoC, but spelled out);

Ensure that people that join Apache communities enjoy what they do and feel
safe and appreciated

   1. Make existing contributors and all new contributors feel safe
   (IMPORTANT!)
   1. Have a Code of Conduct
      2. Ensure the code of conduct is enforced

Actively work towards improvement of Apache communities, so the
participants enjoy what they do and feel appreciated

   1. Make existing and new contributors enjoy the Apache communities, in a
   friendly, inclusive and collaborative atmosphere
   1. Keep a Code of Conduct as a living document, outlining acceptable and
      unacceptable behavior
      2. Promote the Code of Conduct as a tool to educate the participants
      in our communities, promote its applicability and encourage community
      members to speak up when Code of Conduct is not adhered to.
      3. Promote and encourage the use of a well-understood process to
      escalate unacceptable behavior, if subject not correcting such behavior.
      4. Being vigilant against personal attacks, name calling and similar
      acts.
      5. Provide a guide that outlines recommended responses to
      unacceptable behavior of different kinds.

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer