On Tue, 2 Apr 2019 at 22:27, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Can I recommend instead of a call, using the newly created
> mailing list... In general, Apache tries to avoid the use of
> sync communication medium except when absolutely required.
>
> I think that esp for such a topic as D&I, starting the effort off
> using a method that inherently disenfranchises people may
> not be the wisest 1st step :)

to make this concrete: I am traveling for the whole of this month and will
be unavailable for calls. but I am "interested in being part of the
committee and shaping the request
to the board"

while I do not wish to *prevent* the call from happening, I would ask that
notes are shared before and after the call so that people not able to
attend are able to contribute via email

thanks!! <3