Consider the effort along the lines of development... all development
needs to be done on list.

I think (I could be wrong) Sam's suggestion regarding a call
was to discuss options on the effort (eg: president's cmmt, etc...)
and not about the actual "details" of the ins and outs.

Discussing the proposal details of the effort should definitely be done
on list. Yes, a call may help things happen more "quickly" but that
should not be the prime or main consideration... we baseline
mailing lists for all development (and, as I said, this *is* development)
for a very clear reason. The idea of working out details regarding
Diversity and *Inclusion* using a method that for sure *excludes*
people is irony writ large.

CCing diversity@ so the thread can move there.