On Wed, 3 Apr 2019 at 15:03, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Personally, I think the right course would be to take the advice
> that having a call when not specifically required to heart and to,
> instead, do all discussion, agenda setting, etc on the diversity@
> list and drop the idea of having a call at all.

> I personally can't see any over-riding and encompassing rationale
> for driving thru a concall. It sets a bad precedent.

there is nothing wrong with phone calls. and indeed, if there are people
who want to have them, I think it should be encouraged

as you are not the person driving the call, I don't think it is
particularly important that you don't see a rationale. our concern should
not be *how* people "should" work, but that people *can* work, and in ways
that suit them. as long as they follow the basic principle that discussion
and decisions are brought back to the list