For affinityRun and affinityCall you don't need to implement anything for
async support, because this is already supported by IgniteCompute. But you
have to add async support to the API as I described in earlier the ticket,
because currently there is no way to get the Future from queue or set.

-Val

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 11:53 AM, Dood@ODDO <oddodao...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Val,
>
> My question was also - if all I am doing is calling affinityRun() and
> affinityCall() that is already implemented elsewhere (just making sure it
> is done on a collocated queue/set) - do I need to do anything special
> looking at IgniteComputeImpl.java it looks like affinityRun()/Call() are
> already implemented in async fashion?)?
>
> Thanks!
>

> On 2/12/2016 1:49 PM, Valentin Kulichenko wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> First of all, the JavaDoc is incorrect, there are no async counterparts
>> for
>> queue and set operations in the current API.
>>
>> The question is - do we need them? I think we should have have them for
>> new
>> affinityRun and affinityCall methods that you're adding, but I'm not sure
>> about others.
>>
>> Does anyone has thoughts on this?
>>
>> -Val
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM, Dood@ODDO <oddodao...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> This may be a very dumb question (and feel free to "reprimand" me ;-) but
>>> I will ask it anyways.
>>>
>>> I am working on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1144 and
>>> one
>>> of the comments on the submitted code was that I marked both methods I am
>>> implemented as @IgniteAsyncSupported but I never actually provided an
>>> async
>>> implementation. All my methods do is call on methods already implemented
>>> in