It's not a new process, in that it doesn't entail anything not already in
http://apache.org/foundation/voting.html . We're just deciding to call a
VOTE for this type of code modification.

To your point -- yes, it's been around a long time with no further comment,
and I called several times for more input. That's pretty strong lazy
consensus of the form we use every day.