Correct, the OS change and updates would require more testing, from what
Shane has told me, and could potentially surface some issue that could
delay a major release.

So yes, the release manager would need to run the tests manually and after
the release we would switch to a fully integrated Jenkins that would run
those same tests on the newly updated workers.