On Wed, Aug 15, 2018 at 1:35 PM, shane knapp <skn...@berkeley.edu> wrote:
> in fact, i don't see us getting rid of all of the centos machines until EOY
> (see my above comment, re docs, release etc).  these are the builds that
> will remain on centos for the near future:
> https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/label/spark-release/
> https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/label/spark-packaging/
> https://rise.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/label/spark-docs/

What is the current purpose of these builds?

- spark-release hasn't been triggered in a long time.
- spark-packaging seems to have been failing miserably for the last 10 months.
- spark-docs seems to be building the docs, is that the only place
where the docs build is tested?

In the last many releases we've moved away from using jenkins jobs for
preparing the packages, and the scripts have changed a lot to be
friendlier to people running them locally (they even support docker
now, and have flags to run "test" builds that don't require
credentials such as GPG keys).

Perhaps we should think about revamping these jobs instead of keeping
them as is.

--
Marcelo