i think it will be better (perhaps for now)
to compile against servlet 2.3

jsf-deployment-guide tells people howto run jsf (the RI)
in 1.3 or 1.4-j2ee-containers.

so if struts-faces is build against 2.4
people run into problems, when they *must*
use 1.3-webcontainer (e.g. tomcat)

on my box struts-faces from cvs (incl. patch for 2.3)
runs in tomcat5 with RI and MyFaces.

so, i don't know the complexity of changing
on nightly-build-box the dependency from 2.4
to 2.3

btw. there is another dependency in struts-faces
it builds against struts1.1
with 1.2 there is a problem too... (it is a known issue)
FormComponent.java has a problem with method
"createDynaActionFormClass()" of class
"DynaActionFormClass"

Matthias