> [snip]
> We might want to start by getting the struts-core and struts-site building first.
> Site would have a number of "under-construction links at first, which would go away
> as each subproject came online. What's in the other subprojects then defined by what
> is not in the core. (And for now, when in doubt, let's leave something out. We can
> always put it back later.)

I'm playing in an experimental Subversion repository (to get used to
svn's approach to branches, plus play with Maven some), and so far
have gotten a "core" module that compiles clean.  I had to leave out
Tiles (should make Martin happy :-) as there are too many
cross-imports.  Other than that, the only changes needed were:

* Migrate a few constants from o.a.s.taglib.Constants to o.a.s.Globals.

* Remove the deprecated methods in RequestUtils and ResponseUtils
  that delegated to TagUtils (which, I believe, should stay in whatever
  module the tag classes themselves go in).

I haven't migrated any tests yet ... that'll be next.  Of course, we
don't have very many tests that focus just on the core part, so it
should be fairly easy.

Personally, I want to stay focused on the code part first, and would
prefer someone more familiar with Maven and xml->html transformations
would focus on the "site" module.

Craig