On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:15:45 -0700, Craig McClanahan wrote:
> Personally, I want to stay focused on the code part first, and
> would prefer someone more familiar with Maven and xml->html
> transformations would focus on the "site" module.

What I'm thinking is that we should use an infrastructure similar to the Jakarta
Commons. The "site" subproject would be all website, and serve as a portal to
introduce people to the other subprojects -- the first and foremost being "core". Each
subproject would then carry it's own JavaDoc and user guide docs.

So two things we would also need to work on would be the user guide xdocs for "core"
and a "site" subprojects (all xdocs no src). What I'm been calling "site" corresponds
to what Commons calls "commons-build".

But, I don't see a problem with pushing on and doing the JAR artifacts first and
letting the docs follow.

The core JAR compiled just fine for me (under Maven 1.0, thank you very much). Do we
want to move the "/branch/craigmcc-refactor/core" out to "/test/core" to make it
easier to see what has been done and what hasn't? I haven't tried this from the CLI,
but it's pretty easy with Tortious.

I note that we brought chain up from contrib to boot. Under first thing first, I might
try to move commons-chain toward a GA this week, so that we don't have so many
-SNAPSHOTS roaming around. :)  I think that's mainly a Maven XDOC issue too.

BTW, is it yet possible to put the Sun JSF JARs into a Maven repository for
distribution, or does the license restrict that?