Does this include having Struts 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x, for the Servlet 2.2, 2.3,
and 2.4 respectively?

Niall
----- Original Message -----
From: "Ted Husted" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Struts Developers List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 1:15 PM
Subject: Re: Repository Reorg (Once More With Feeling)

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 21:07:14 -0700, Martin Cooper wrote:
>One important question, though: Where are we doing 1.2.x
>development / maintenance? Are we leaving that in CVS and splitting
>off a new SVN repo for 2.0 development, or are we converting to SVN
>lock, stock and barrel?

How about this:

* On the roadmap, we reclassify Struts 1.3+ as Struts 2.0, and what-was 2.0
as 3.0.

* We clear the 1.2.1 problem tickets, issue the 1.2.2 release, and vote
whether it is GA or not.

* We link the Acquiring page to the mirroring system.

* We have infrastructure import the jakarta-struts CVS to an apache-struts
SVN, but we put it all under a "/v1" directory.

* We continue the work we started in the private SVN under a "/v2" directory
in the apache-struts SVN.

So, the top-level of struts-apache would look like

/v1

/v2

/v3

And the branch Craig started for the core subproject would live under

/v2/trunk/core

And the 1.2.2 release would be at

/v1/trunk/

If we needed to make any further releases in the 1.2.x series, we could do
those from there. But let's ship a GA 1.2.2 first.

Thoughts?