Steve Raeburn wrote:

IMHO DispatchActions are more of a programmer convenience, than an
additional level of controller. I don't use them to dynamically select the
action at runtime (the job of the controller), just to let me organize code
together and avoid duplication where the code seems to "belong" together.
(e.g. CRUD operations).

With LookupDispatchAction and with SimpleDispatchAction, you get a solution to the problem of multiple images. That is something that is particularly important, and is necessarily related to distinguishing either between utility classes or differing methods. No?

In particular, with the MDA, the action is determined exclusively from the
action path not from request parameters. Exactly the same as using standard,
separate actions but - in some cases - more convenient.

This and other options are equally available with SimpleDispatchAction and statements to the contrary have not seen what is happening with SimpleDispatchAction or have not see what can be done with the flexibilty available.

Michael McGrady