Don,

>> Then, once the release is out, people nitpick through it finding
>> issues to shoot it down (and yes, a beta is as good as a killed
>> release because it doesn't get out to the users in an public,
>> accessible location).

I must be one of the folk guilty of nit-picking :) But honestly,
I thought I found some legtimate issues, but that's only because
the release managers asked people to find issues with it. I mean,
the nit-picking has to be after a release because who wants to
test something that's constantly in-flux? There needs to be a
pretty stable baseline, and that's what I believe the release is for.
So many changes go in and out of SVN, it's difficult to tell when
things are published or not (like the site) in a distribution.

But as for the problem with 1.3.4, it is "bigger" than Struts
itself: it's an infrastructure issue, so I am told. Therefore,
let's call this an exception.

-- Paul