The private@ is a moderated list. This has two issues: a moderator
needs to approve any message not sent by a PMC member. This will slow
down the process of interaction with the reporter. It would also not
reach the YuniKorn committers group as not all committers are part of
the PMC. Security issues should be handled and worked on by all
committers not just by the PMC members.

The security notification update made to the website I think does not
line up with the security guidelines referenced in the link provided
in the dropdown menu of the YuniKorn site [1]. In that link there is a
well defined way to report security issues. If we need to enhance and
extend what we do we either establish a security@ mailing list and
provide a static page with security related information on our site or
we leave it as is. My preference would be to establish a security@
list and make all committers a member of that list.

I think we need to roll back the website changes part of YUNIKORN-1006
[2] in PR [3] for the website.

Wilfred

[1] https://www.apache.org/security/
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-1006