On Sun, 2016-11-06 at 23:57 +0000, Samuel Rakitničan wrote:
> > On Sat, 2016-11-05 at 05:01 +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >
> > "hunt down"?
> >
> > koji download-build (nvr) works fine.
>
> I think you are missing the point here. Reverting dnf history does
> not work if packages are missing from repository. Besides "koji"
> command is not installed on my machine, and hence not on default
> install. Your suggestion for users is to install "RPM Development
> Tools" group?

I don't believe the vast majority of people actually install old
package versions *ever*, unless they get very explicit instructions to
do so either because there was a big fail of some kind and we did our
usual emergency drill, or they hit some kind of very specific bug and
got very specific instructions to do so in Bugzilla or something.

I should probably have said that too to make it more clear, but
basically, in the rather unusual case that you actually do need to get
an old package, the koji CLI does the job fine, I'd say. I think the
idea that everyone needs to have a gigantic cache of every package
version they've ever installed stored locally just on the off-chance
they need to install an old one some time is...wrong. (Obviously the
*right* way to do that general approach is some form of
snapshotting...hi, ostree).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey