Adam Williamson wrote:
> (Obviously the *right* way to do that general approach is some form of
> snapshotting...

No. If one update is broken, I want to revert that particular update, not my
entire system. The Window$ "system restore" approach is just broken and a
horrible idea to reimplement.

> hi, ostree).

And ostree is even worse, copying the smartphone approach of having to
update the whole take-it-or-leave-it image at every change, and also losing
the ability to customize the package set. And reverting is just as broken as
in the client-side snapshot approach. There is no way I am going to use an
ostree any time soon.

        Kevin Kofler