On Tue, Apr 5, 2022 at 12:31 PM Tom Hughes via devel <
devel@lists.fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On 05/04/2022 15:52, Ben Cotton wrote:
>
> > * There is no migration story from Legacy BIOS to UEFI -
> > repartitioning effectively mandates a reinstall.  As a result, we
> > don’t drop support for existing Legacy BIOS systems yet, just new
> > installations.
>
> This is where I have a problem with this, the fact that there is
> no upgrade path - virtually my entire installed base of Fedora is
> running legacy BIOS and not being able to upgrade them will be
> something of a headache.
>
> Is it actually true though? You need to be able to find some space
> for an EFI partition but assuming that can be done is there some
> other reason you can't migrate from BIOS to UEFI booting?

I actually did it manually several releases ago when I got a new computer
that supported EFI but kept the same OS drive.

I'm not going to lie, it was VERY painful and took me a while to figure
everything out, a lot of googling and trying stuff. It wasn't for the faint
of heart.

Thanks,
Richard