+++additional AA6YQ comments below

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Demetre SV1UY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>>>Currently deployed PMBOs have no way to reliably determine whether
or not the frequency is locally clear. They may be configured to
detect Pactor signals, but they cannot detect signals in any other
mode.

You said that, but the clients always listen OM.

+++In your earlier post, Demetre, you said "Sometimes through the
night when I cannot access any European PACTOR PMBOS because I do not
have a decent 80 meters antenna, I can connect to PMBOs in Canada or
USA on 30 or 40 meters. How about that?"

+++So you -- the client -- are activating a PMBO in Canada or the
USA. While you can know that the frequency is clear in Europe, you
have absolutely no idea whether your activating a PMBO in Canada or
the USA will result in that PMBO QRMing an ongoing QSO. Every time
you activate one of these PMBOs, you risk QRMing a QSO. How about
that?

After all we do not live in a perfect world and if there is a little
QRM, you can always blame the client if this is what you are after.
You can report the client to your FCC and they can pull his/her ear,
if it makes you happy!!!

+++The client is indeed behaving arrogantly and irresponsibly, but it
is not the client that is generating the QRM. Its the PMBO.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ