>>>AA6YQ comments below

--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Demetre SV1UY" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

+++So you -- the client -- are activating a PMBO in Canada or the
USA. While you can know that the frequency is clear in Europe, you
have absolutely no idea whether your activating a PMBO in Canada or
the USA will result in that PMBO QRMing an ongoing QSO. Every time
you activate one of these PMBOs, you risk QRMing a QSO. How about
that?

I have done this only a few times just for a test, to see what can be
done in an emergency. I know it is a bad idea to do it regularly, so I
do it for test purposes and only when I want to convince someone
(including myself) how good PACTOR 3 can be in an emergency.

>>>So you acknowledge that its a bad idea to remotely activate a
PMBO. You clearly accept the fact that PMBOs QRM other hams, but yet
you still use WinLink. That can only mean that you consider your use
of WinLink to be so important that its okay to QRM other hams. This
is the pinnacle of arrogance, and about as far from the spirit of
amateur radio as one can get.

When the communications infrastructure of a whole country has gone
down, this is the only way to pass digital traffic accurately and
effectively. There is no other accurate way OM. If you only had a
PACTOR 3 MODEM and an open mind you would understand what am I
talking about.

>>>I have a Pactor 3 modem (PTC-IIe), a very open mind, and fully
understand that you will do or say anything to rationalize your
continued use of a system that QRMs your fellow amateurs.

And if you ever get a little interference from another station, if
there is no other way for the traffic to be passed, please be patient.

>>>Unless an emergency is in progress, there is always another way
for the traffic to be passed that doesn't involve QRMing others.

The transfer will soon finish because it is a fast mode, it will not
last all day just like many ragchew QSOs do. After all what is going
to happen to you?

Is the PACTOR QRM going to spoil your toys?

>>>QRM from PMBOs and other deaf robots spoils the enjoyment of
amateur radio for many operators Demetre. That's why so many are
willing to do practically anything to make WinLink stop generating
QRM. Anti-radiation missiles tuned to PMBO frequencies were on a lot
of Christmas lists; "Ack *this*".

>>>By the way, your posts are greatly appreciated. They make it very
easy to expose the truth behind WinLink. Can we go have this
conversation on the QRZ reflector too?

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ