--- In digitalradio@yahoogroups.com, "Jose A. Amador" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
> Once, I had a clash with a british net controller, which I regarded
> as
> "fascist" instantly, imposing a limit of 5 K per piece of mail sent
> the british network. It happened that one of my users had sent a too
> large piece of e-mail.

Hi Jose again,

I think that exactly this behaviour killed PACKET RADIO networks
worldwide. Bad sysops like the one you are describing above existed in
many parts of the world are responsible for this.

NETROM BARONS AND PACKET KINGS!!!!!!!!!!!

> I kept on using FBB while using pactor II for the forwarding links, a
> 10:1 improvement in thruput.

There are still quite a few around the world that still do that and
they also provide HF PACTOR to VHF/UHF PACKET RADIO GATEWAYS.

> These are some of my views, from my perspective,
>
> 73,
>
> Jose, CO2JA

73 de Demetre SV1UY