So, I had a weekend of playing around with the version of NBEMS that
works under Windows (VBdigi and FLARQ 2.6).  The feedback from others
seems to be that the ARQ file and email transfers seem to work as
advertised.  There are a few questions about this software package:

1.  Did anyone use it on VHF or UHF this weekend ?  It seems that it
would be perfect for these quiet frequency ranges, file transfers at
PSK250 should really be very useful

2.  Did anyone try MFSK16 ARQ ????

3.  Has anyone established a protocol for "who goes first" when a few
stations beacon and hear each other ?

4.  Is there any practical use for the "email" feature.  It works well
, but is it not easier to send via the Internet  unless in an emcomm
situation ?

5.  Where should we "hang out" if we are looking for email?

6.  Anyone come up with some emcomm tasks for this software package?
How do we test this for emergency communication drills/event ?

7  Is ALE 400 better ?

8.  Is it just me, or does the passage of ARQ files between two
stations invoke FLARQ reception on a third station that is on same
frequency ?

--
Andy K3UK
www.obriensweb.com