At 11:53 AM 1/7/2008, Skip  wrote:

>Please don't hang out looking for email! If you are a served agency that
>assigns someone to monitor the band for traffic, or meet a sked, when normal
>communications are available, NBEMS is useful, but why clutter up the
>airwaves with email or messaging? The ham bands are primarily for amateur
>radio hobbiests to talk to other amateur radio hobbiests, not as a slow
>replacement for the Internet or text messaging.

I would like to see a mailbox system, like the Packet TNCs of old,
but with modern
narrow band modes. The requirement to communicate with a server to pass mail is
not quite what I am looking for.
No, just a standalone mailbox that someone can connect to, and leave
a msg or, connect to and pickup a msg. Yes, PSKmail is close, but
needs the server connection.

73s

Jack VK4JRC