Robert,

I may be in a minority, but I don't think you're off base.

If you stick around you WILL find posts that are more to what you (and
I) sought as a focus of a digital radio forum.

You just have to sort through a myriad of repetitive philosophical
postings on topics that sometimes seem to range a bit wide (take a peek
at the subject line of this thread to which you replied, for example),
or not infrequently include condescending comments (as in one earlier
reply to your query).

Although I don't consider myself a newbie (licensed in '62, working
digital for well over 20 years, and a member of this forum for quite
some time), I think it's time for me to again stop receiving email
postings. I'll just update my forum options and visit via the web from
time to time. And yes, I DO actively participate in emergency and
disaster  communications, both digital and voice.

OK guys, flame me if you wish. They won't clutter my mail box.

73 to all. Truly. Nothing personal, Andy. See you all on the digital modes.

John Hirth W2KI