Yes,  I received a private email from the individual that is preparing
the IED's.   With reference to ALE soundings,  he cites ..

") 1 illegal 1-way transmissions;
> 2) illegal automatic beaconing below 28.200 MHz, and; 3) illegal automatic
> control of a digital station."

as issues he asked the ARRL about and he reports the ARRL has
forwarded to the FCC for comment.

So, what about Propnet ? Would this not also apply to their beacons?
Once per hour these station send out their coordinates and station ID.
   What about Packet on 30M, APRS.  I am fairly certain these station
do not have a control op all the time as they becaon their coordinates
based on their UI-View settings.

Andy K3UK

--
Andy K3UK