Hi Mark,

I think G3PLX recently mentioned the same thing, with regard to USB sound
cards, as he found they have the biggest offset problems. However, in dealing
with the masses, if we can find a way to nullify the offset's effect long
enough to complete the ARQ transfer, it will work with anyone, and I think
using DEX is the answer, but MFSK16 still appears to be the best mode when
there is no static problem, and there is QSB taking the signal below the noise
threshold. DominoEX can be mistuned up to 200 Hz and has a 200 Hz drift
tolerance, without AFC, so that should take care of most situations. I know
that DominoEx16 can be mistuned +/- 100 Hz and still keep printing, because I
have tested that multiple times on our 2 meter net. BTW, that brings up another
issue - drift tolderance. NBEMS has to deal with transceiver at 2 meters with
no TCXO, and transceivers with a TCXO. The drift of the FT-897, for example, is
about 50 Hz from start of transmit to about 5 seconds after, and with PSK63, I
always lose the initial text from the station without a TCXO, but with
DominoEx16, I never lose one character - same as the station with a TCXO, so we
think we will replace PSK63 with DominoEX16 for our 2 meter net, after two more
weeks of tests to see how it performs with multipath reflections.

I'll include mention of the sample rate to use in the Help file.

Thanks for the tip!

73, Skip KH6TY