Hello all,

For the curious the winlink web site has a snapshot of the program running:

< http://www.winlink.org/node/341 >

There are other tidbits that have surfaced in the winlink forums....

Very little hard data has surfaced, just some tidbits in the winlink
forums. Based on past comments, I'd expect it to be similar to P1/2 in
some aspects. (Symbol rate, turnaround time, etc). But that's just me
reading between the lines. But I'll keep my RTS/CTS keying, AMTOR is not
the only mode that needs that!

My gut sense is that if there is a license fee it will be reasonable.
They are looking for penetration and a viable alternative to the largest
criticism of the current system. (expensive, sole source modems)

I would not expect it to be reusable as a DLL, but we can hope! That
would be the best case. I've found some of the developers to be open to
interoperation & reuse. Others view any thing that could compete with
WL2K/P3 as a threat. My belief is that ham radio in general benefits the
more we collaborate and design for interoperability.

Have fun,

Alan
km4ba