> ESP - There is a difference between typing and "touch" typing. Google it.

I did. "Touch typing is typing without using the sense of sight to find the keys."

*"Typing* is the process of inputting text into a device, such as a typewriter </wiki/Typewriter>, cell phone </wiki/Cell_phone>, computer </wiki/Computer>, or a calculator </wiki/Calculator>, by pressing keys on a keyboard </wiki/Computer_keyboard>. It can be distinguished from other means of input, such as the use of pointing devices </wiki/Pointing_device> like the computer mouse </wiki/Computer_mouse>, and text input via speech recognition </wiki/Speech_recognition>."

Notice that any kind of typing is done by pressing keys on a keyboard.

John, PSK31 was designed by G3PLX to accommodate a typical fast typist, or 50 wpm. Then why should a 2100 Hz-wide Pactor mode be legally allowed to take up a full channel for keyboarding when four Pactor-II stations could share the channel at the same time?

  1.

I'll venture a guess - it is not for person-to-person communication, but was done by the ARRL specifically for Winlink messaging, because NOBODY needs a 300 wpm mode for keyboarding, do they!

So, 99% of the hams can now just kiss one of the 60m channels goodbye for general use.

Thank you, ARRL! :-(

73 - Skip KH6TY

John Becker, WØJAB wrote:
At 03:12 PM 5/10/2010, you wrote:

>John,
>
>I was specifically asking only about Pactor-III keyboard-to-keyboard QSO's, not Pactor-II or Pactor I.

Skip, just because you are anyone else "can't" copy
P2 or P3 does not mean it does not happen. Belive me, it happens !

most of my keyboard to keyboard QSO are P2 or P3.
Can't really recall last time I had a P1 QSO