Hey All,

My name is Ben Greenfield and I have been running a couple of smalltime mail
servers (fewer then 200 messages a day) not accounting for an occasional blast
from a 1,500 person listserv.
All the machines our hosted onsite.

I have been running SPF, DKIM, and DMARC for about a week and one domain came
up clean in my DMARC reports and the other sounded just like Denis’s post.
I got my first DMARC report yesterday and it was very discomforting and I
immediately went 2 p=quarantine and this morning I got more scary reports and
came across Denis’s request for advice and went to p=reject.

I feel this is safe because I personally know all the users of the mail servers
and have no doubt that all the threat activity was fraudulent. The one subtle
bit is what happens to the forwarder mail. I assume if the DMARC stays in tact
everything is fine.

My question regarding virtual mail servers.

Should one use one DKIM key for each domain or a single domain tie it to the ip
addresses and the DNS text records sort out whether the domain is associated
with the sending ip’s DKIM key.

My question regarding mailman is that I see discussion of problems with
listserv’s but so far I haven’t seen any that seem to apply to my situation.

We have an internal staff mailing list and a public mailing list.
Should I look in the Maillman docs for the right configuration?
Is their a consensus on what to do with listservs?

Any other comments welcome as well since I’m new to this.

Thanks,

Ben